Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 pro max won't charge

Earlier this week, my iphone 11 pro max stopped charging at random. I thought that it might be an issue with the charging pad itself - I've used one of the wireless charging hubs since I got it nearly a year or so ago, now - but it wouldn't charge with a new plug-in charger that I got this week, either. I've been back and forth with the phone company and still haven't gotten anywhere, 'cause they can't decide if they're actually going to provide support, or sit on their thumbs for upwards of an hour.

I've run through the troubleshooting steps they set out; trying to restart it, checking for anything blocking the charging port, ect. The phone is in good standing; no cracks, no liquid damage, no smoking or burning smell. It just won't charge at all. :/

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 5:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are facing.

Congratulations - you have already completed some excellent troubleshooting tips here!

I would normally redirect someone to If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge – Apple Support but as you have already tried a different charger, it looks like this could be a different issue.

Please take a look at the steps above again to check you have completed everything in the list, including checking the lightning port for damage/debris.

After the steps above, If your device still won't charge you should take your charger(s) and your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider for further help. You can also contact Apple Support if you are unable to get to a store/service centre right now.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 5:16 PM in response to 99probsandtheyreallmyphone

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are facing.

Congratulations - you have already completed some excellent troubleshooting tips here!

I would normally redirect someone to If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge – Apple Support but as you have already tried a different charger, it looks like this could be a different issue.

Please take a look at the steps above again to check you have completed everything in the list, including checking the lightning port for damage/debris.

After the steps above, If your device still won't charge you should take your charger(s) and your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider for further help. You can also contact Apple Support if you are unable to get to a store/service centre right now.

iphone 11 pro max won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.