Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Last line no longer available" on iPhone 13 Pro Max

Has anyone received this message on iPhone 13 pro max?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 2:35 PM

Yeah, I tried lots of possible solutions. None worked. I wanted to avoid clearing my Recent Calls list, but from what I was reading in a number of places, that would be the real solution. I called Verizon. They claimed there was some setup problem with my SIM and they got it fixed, but that did not fix the issue. So what I did was just delete each entry in the Recent Calls list that was for the person I was trying to call. Voila! I could call the person without the error. (I'm still not sure what would happen if you let it call with the "remaining line.") Anyway, that proved to me that clearing the list is the solution and I'll either do that or use the "one at a time" approach. Just wanted to mention that so others would know this optional solution.

72 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 2:35 PM in response to Sammmy1004

Yeah, I tried lots of possible solutions. None worked. I wanted to avoid clearing my Recent Calls list, but from what I was reading in a number of places, that would be the real solution. I called Verizon. They claimed there was some setup problem with my SIM and they got it fixed, but that did not fix the issue. So what I did was just delete each entry in the Recent Calls list that was for the person I was trying to call. Voila! I could call the person without the error. (I'm still not sure what would happen if you let it call with the "remaining line.") Anyway, that proved to me that clearing the list is the solution and I'll either do that or use the "one at a time" approach. Just wanted to mention that so others would know this optional solution.

Sep 29, 2021 5:22 AM in response to Sammmy1004

Thank you for that screenshot and additional information Sammmy1004. 

That appears to be related to the Dual SIM feature available on your iPhone 13 Pro Max. Were you using Dual SIM on your prior device, or did you change your mobile number after getting your new iPhone? Does this message appear when you attempt to place a call from your recents list, your Contacts app, or both?

If the issue only occurs when attempting to place a call from Recents. Try clearing your recents list, and see what occurs. To clear your Recents tap Edit towards the top-right, followed by Clear towards the top-left. 

Let us know how that goes!

Oct 20, 2021 5:28 AM in response to TreyInSD

Hello I have had the above issue happen after purchasing iPhone 12pro

the issues I am having is that the phone when calling outbound is unable or not allowing me to reach a persons voicemail rather than just getting a beep

has anyone else had this

Prior to getting new phone no issue could hear a persons voice on their voicemail & was able to leave a message not just hear a beep

how to fix?

Nov 24, 2021 10:36 AM in response to barberlives123

I keep getting a “Last line No Longer Available Do you want to call using your remaining line?” message when I try to call someone. It doesn’t matter if I go into my contacts to make the call or if I try to make a call from recent. I’ve had the iPhone 13 pro max for about 2 weeks and never had this happen. I have the brand new SIM card that came in the new phone. I didn’t use the SIM card from the 11 pro. Why is this happening?

Nov 30, 2021 9:06 AM in response to Allie___23

Allie, here’s another solution possibly:

Go to Settings.

Scroll down, you’ll find the Search Bar.

Enter “Reset Network Settings”.

Go there.

The next screen will say something about preparing for a new phone, ignore that but at the bottom you’ll find a button that says “Reset”.

Looks scary but press that guy.

A group of options will appear, press “Reset Network Settings”.

You’ll be prompted to enter your PIN.

Finally, the next prompt will warn you of deleting Network Settings.

Select the angry red button that says “Reset Network Settings” anyways, it’s what you want.

This will restart your phone.

Come back if this doesn’t take care of that window!

Good luck!

Oct 14, 2021 10:48 AM in response to Sammmy1004

I just upgraded from an Xs to the 13 Pro and I believe this error is because my cell provider is now using the eSIM instead of the physical SIM that would go in the SIM tray as it was on my Xs. When dialing a contact, the contact number gets "associated" with one of the 2 SIMs, ie Personal number vs. Work number, and the phone remembers that for that contact. Since I didn't use an eSIM before, it looks for the physical SIM to make the call and realizes there isn't one and then asked if it is OK to call from your other SIM, which, if you had 2 phone numbers on the same phone, would be a different phone number.

Oct 28, 2021 10:31 AM in response to Sammmy1004

This happened to me after trying to call an oft-called number from my contacts app. It was in my recent calls, but didn't want to delete from there. Restarted the phone and dialed the full number from the keypad, and it worked fine going forward, both from the contacts app and the recent list, so I think it was the restart of the phone that solved it.

Nov 17, 2021 11:18 AM in response to Sammmy1004

Just happened with my new iPhone 12 Mini, iOS 15.1 on T-Mobile which I've been using for less than a week. I'm guessing it's the dual SIM or eSIM conflict, so I cleared Recents and it didn't happen again when I made another call. I'm hoping it fixes it for good!

Thank you for the explanations, Sammmy1004 and TreyinSD!

P.S. When the message first came up, I selected Use the Remaining Line, and it rang through like normal.

"Last line no longer available" on iPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.