Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock With Apple Watch is not working

Unlock With Apple Watch is not working when I got my iPhone 13 and transferred my data. Apparently, I would have to unpair the Apple Watch and set it up as a new watch (according to a YouTube video I saw). Is there any other way to go around this?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 8:44 PM

6 replies

Oct 7, 2021 10:32 PM in response to alan1289

alan1289 Said:

"Unlock With Apple Watch is not working: With the new 15.0.1 update, the Apple Watch Face ID unlock now works. Solved."

-------

Providing Feedback:

That update-included fix was made due to highly-received feedback from Apple Customers. So, for further reference, refer to the following...

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing iOS15 whet the issue began
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Sep 26, 2021 9:03 PM in response to alan1289

alan1289 Said:

"Unlock With Apple Watch is not working: Unlock With Apple Watch is not working when I got my iPhone 13 and transferred my data. Apparently, I would have to unpair the Apple Watch and set it up as a new watch (according to a YouTube video I saw). Is there any other way to go around this?"

-------

Go Here: About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Screenshot of the Site:

Sep 26, 2021 9:35 PM in response to TheLittles

Well… the point of this feature is to avoid removing the mask. The feature allows Face ID to work with the mask on, only if you have an Apple Watch. But, at this point I’m guessing Apple will have to resolve this issue and put it in one of their future updates. I’m certainly not going to reset my settings just for this feature lol.

Thank you.

Sep 26, 2021 9:11 PM in response to TheLittles

Hello, thanks for the quick reply. But, that’s not the problem at hand. Apologies if I wasn’t specific enough, “Unlock With Apple Watch” is when you’re able to use Face ID in conjunction with Apple Watch when you have a face mask/covering on your face. I’m not able to use this feature for some reason after transferring to the new iPhone 13 pro. There’s a video on YouTube on this issue but they had to factory reset their phone and then set up the Apple Watch as a new watch. Which is such a big hassle and not worth the effort…

Sep 26, 2021 9:33 PM in response to alan1289

alan1289 Said:

"Unlock With Apple Watch is not working: Hello, thanks for the quick reply. But, that’s not the problem at hand. Apologies if I wasn’t specific enough, “Unlock With Apple Watch” is when you’re able to use Face ID in conjunction with Apple Watch when you have a face mask/covering on your face.[...]"

-------

You are welcome.

Face Mask is the Culprit:

Well, it is not going to recognize you with a face mask on. So, are you allowed to take off your face mask, wherever you are? If inside, maybe step inside the restroom (for a bit of privacy, and so that no one sees you without a mask), and log in in there.

Unlock With Apple Watch is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.