You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music from windows library to itunes not working

When adding music from my windows library to itunes it no longer adds - it only gives option to 'link'and nothing appears in my itunes. I cant even play the song through itunes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, allowed permissions etc.

windows 10 - dell laptop - was working now suddenly isnt.

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 12:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:23 PM

Hi rhifromnunya,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are no longer able to add songs to iTunes, here's a link to help: Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support

If you need further support, Contact - Official Apple Support.

Have a great day.

10 replies

Sep 28, 2021 2:34 AM in response to rhifromnunya

See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows - Apple Community. If drag & drop isn't working for you try File > Add Folder to Library. Tunes will ignore any files it doesn't think it can handle. Alternatively place copies of content you want to add into the Automatically Add to iTunes folder inside your iTunes Media folder. If they are moved into a Not Added folder that indicates they are in a format that iTunes finds unacceptable. Possible causes are corrupt files, inconsistent file extensions, or blocked files.

tt2

Sep 28, 2021 8:03 AM in response to rhifromnunya

rhifromnunya wrote:

I'm not sure where to find the Blocked Files on the user tip.

Odd, I couldn't see it until I signed in. It is a recent edit, but I don't know why it isn't visible to everyone. Here it is:

Blocked files

Files downloaded from the Internet may be blocked from routine access in Windows Explorer as a security measure, which may also prevent them from being imported into iTunes. Right-click on such files and then select Properties. In the General tab, click Unblock if present, click Apply and then click OK.

tt2

music from windows library to itunes not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.