Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Won't Let Me Upload Music from Windows Computer

iTunes will not allow me to import music from my computer (C:). Neither 'drag & drop' nor file>add file to library methods work. Using WindowsOS and iTunes 14. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 7:36 AM

It was the downloading program i used. Spent the entire day yesterday downloading music, updated to windows 11, updated to iOS 15.1, yelled at support and even went in store and they didnt help me at all… Read this (pretty recent date too) and decided to try it.

Always used ytmp3.cc for my youtube music converters since like 2009; now i have to use mp3-now.com because the new updates dont support the files.

I hope this helps anyone else because i was an anxiety ridden mess yesterday thinking i either have to buy a mac or an android to listen to my music again…

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 7:36 AM in response to kariejbh

It was the downloading program i used. Spent the entire day yesterday downloading music, updated to windows 11, updated to iOS 15.1, yelled at support and even went in store and they didnt help me at all… Read this (pretty recent date too) and decided to try it.

Always used ytmp3.cc for my youtube music converters since like 2009; now i have to use mp3-now.com because the new updates dont support the files.

I hope this helps anyone else because i was an anxiety ridden mess yesterday thinking i either have to buy a mac or an android to listen to my music again…

Oct 10, 2021 2:34 PM in response to applelg

Hi applelg,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're unable to import music to iTunes, so we'd like to help. Just to confirm, are you following these steps: Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC? Make sure you're running the latest version of iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes.

If you need more help, reply with what happens when you try to import music, including any error messages you see.

Take care.

Nov 12, 2021 1:04 PM in response to kariejbh

kariejbh wrote:

Were you able to get this resolved? I am having the same problem and have been on with support with 3 different people and none have been able to fix it. When I try to drag and drop iTunes tells me that because Icloud Music Library is enabled on my phone it won't copy the file.

Yes, when iCloud Music Library is enabled you sync the phone over Wi-Fi instead of manually over USB. If a track you've added to your iCloud Music Library isn't being added to the device see Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support and resolve any issues.

tt2

Oct 12, 2021 3:31 PM in response to MVegas21

Hello MVegas21, thank you for your response.

Yes, I am following the steps outlined in the “import media” hyperlink you included in your message.

When I go to file>import music from file, and then select the .mp3 file(s) I wish to import, nothing happens. No error message, no upload, literally nothing happens.

The .mp3 files are not corrupted - I have no issue opening them in other media players on the same computer.

Any ideas?

LG

Jan 15, 2022 1:41 AM in response to kakacutback

kakacutback wrote:

we are seeing the end of the days of tyrannical internet, every corner we go they start locking down on copyright...

But you think that stealing music from the person who owns it is acceptable, do you? You do understand what copyright theft is, don't you?

Oh - and just so everyone here knows, discussion of methods to circumvent copyright protection is against Apple's Terms of Use. In other words, discussions about software that copies audio from YouTube is not allowed. Don't be surprised if this entire discussion is removed as a consequence.

iTunes Won't Let Me Upload Music from Windows Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.