Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have done Time Machine backups to an external drive with my Mac plugged in and it appears to complete but the next time I begin a backup, I get a message that my previous backup was not completed because the computer was NOT plugged in.

I have done Time Machine backups to an external drive with my Mac plugged in and it appears to complete but the next time I begin a backup, I get a message that my previous backup was not completed because the computer was NOT plugged in.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:38 AM

Hmmmm, not really enough info to ferret out the problem, but next time it "finishes" try disabling TM by unchecking Backup Automatically.

Similar questions

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.