Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Lightning Digital AV Adapter supports Apple Music Hi-Res audio standart?

I am using the Lightning Digital AV Adapter (model A-1438) to connect Apple Music to my home hifi system. I plug my iPhone/iPod Touch into the HDMI input of the main amplifier by this adapter and the sound plays in the loudspeakers. However, I don't know if when I choose to stream Hi-Res audio (48b/192kHz) if it is transferred in this quality by the A-1438 adapter further to the amplifier? Does this Lightning Digital AV Adaptor supports Hi-Res audio? HDMI signal does support 48k/192kHz PCM in principle. This is the way, how to listen the Hi-Res music by the home high-end sound system.

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 1:26 AM

Likely not, because a similar Apple TV4K solution is limited to 48 kHz:

At the moment, feeding Apple Hi Res to a high-end appear to be limited to DACs. The problem is that (to my knowledge) no high end DACs with lightning connectivity which are powered externally or can co-exist with an iPhone charger exist. Which makes them sort of useless.

The solution IMO is to wait at least a year before the high end Hi-Fi market catches up with Apple Music i.e. new systems are released with Apple Music integrated within. It will require licensing/royalties, so could take forever…

Apple HomePod will get it earlier than the rest with a promised software update but details aren’t available yet https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212183

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 1:26 AM in response to Svatek CZ

Likely not, because a similar Apple TV4K solution is limited to 48 kHz:

At the moment, feeding Apple Hi Res to a high-end appear to be limited to DACs. The problem is that (to my knowledge) no high end DACs with lightning connectivity which are powered externally or can co-exist with an iPhone charger exist. Which makes them sort of useless.

The solution IMO is to wait at least a year before the high end Hi-Fi market catches up with Apple Music i.e. new systems are released with Apple Music integrated within. It will require licensing/royalties, so could take forever…

Apple HomePod will get it earlier than the rest with a promised software update but details aren’t available yet https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212183

Does the Lightning Digital AV Adapter supports Apple Music Hi-Res audio standart?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.