Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app Sharing function not working correctly on iOS 15

I am on iOs 15 and I have shared my health data with my girlfriend who is also on iOS 15. The issue is she never gets an invite and nothing regarding the invite shows on her Sharing tab in the Health app. Is this a bug in the new iOS?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 4:55 AM

2 replies

Sep 28, 2021 7:31 AM in response to SacDev1368

Hello SacDev1368,

It sounds like you are not able to share your Activity with your girlfriend. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

You were reviewing a very helpful article. At this point, let's ensure both of your devices meet the following requirements found within the same resource:

• "An iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 15 or later.
  • An iCloud account with Health turned on and two-factor authentication enabled.
  • The person you want to start sharing with must be saved in your Contacts."

Let's also ensure she has followed each of the steps found in the resource.

If so, is she able to send you an invite? Are you able to send an invite to anybody else? Also, which iPhones are you and your girlfriend using?

Cheers!

Sep 29, 2021 6:16 PM in response to SacDev1368

I haven’t had that specific problem. However, I get the “unable to send invitation please try again later”. I’ve been trying every day since it was released with no luck. I finally got it to work on one phone. I’ve tried recreating contact, turning iCloud on and off, hard reboot of phone. iPhone 11, 12, and now 13 and nothing seems to wrote. It did randomly work on one phone finally, but if I try again on the same phone it gives the error message again. No indication of what’s going on or anything. It just doesn’t work. I thought maybe only selecting one data point to share at first made it work, but it hasn’t mattered. We have done everything from the article on all three different phones and three different iCloud accounts as well.

Health app Sharing function not working correctly on iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.