Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are photos still appearing in MacBook Air photo library when deleted from icloud and therefore other devices?

Why are photos still appearing in MacBook Air photo library when deleted from icloud and therefore all other devices that are linked to iCloud? I have my photo stream enabled, which does sync, but I do not have iCloud photos ticked in preferences for photos on the Mac book. So some photos I have taken on the iPhone or iPad, have been deleted on these devices but still annoyingly appear in Library>photos on MacBook. They don't disappear from photo stream on MacBook if deleted from cloud or other devices. Are the ones in Library>photos taking up space on my hard drive? Turning on iCloud storage on macboook says there is not enough local space, even though I have very few photos on the iCloud and its linked devices. Grateful of any help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 11:09 AM

To sync the MacBook Air, iCloud photos must be enabled. Then items deleted on other devices will also delete on the MacBook. All photos in Photos take up space in your library. But, it seems that you do not have enough space on the MacBook to download your iCloud photo library. You could try optimizing photos for download (Photos > Preferences > iCloud) but you still may not have enough room.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 11:09 AM in response to hc27

To sync the MacBook Air, iCloud photos must be enabled. Then items deleted on other devices will also delete on the MacBook. All photos in Photos take up space in your library. But, it seems that you do not have enough space on the MacBook to download your iCloud photo library. You could try optimizing photos for download (Photos > Preferences > iCloud) but you still may not have enough room.

Why are photos still appearing in MacBook Air photo library when deleted from icloud and therefore other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.