Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing iPhone 13 pro package - UPS

I ordered an iPhone 13 pro on Sep.17, 2021 as soon as the online order became available and selected to have it delivered to my residential address.

The package was supposed to arrive on Sep. 24, but it didn't.

UPS made a delivery to my building on Sep.24 11:21 am, two iPhone 13 ordered by my roommate were both delivered, but my package went missing.

Tracking# of all 3 packages shows that they all had the "out for delivery" record at the same time, but my package did not get delivered, and since "out for delivery", no other record were updated.

Concierge desk of the building was not being helpful, I waited a day and decided to report this to Apple on Sep. 25. Apple reached out to UPS and said I can choose to get a refund or replacement if in 2 business days UPS can not find the package. I chose to get a replacement, but it will take more than 1 month for me to actually receive the replacement phone, which is very disappointing because I preordered so I can get the phone early.

on Sep. 26 UPS marked the package as "lost package".

Also, It took me a day or two to figure out that looks like UPS has blocked all possible way for customers to reach out to them. I tried to call and email, but could not reach any real people at all. The only thing I could do is to register an UPS account and file a claim for lost package.

I searched online and asked around, it turns out this is not a single case.

My friend's iPhone 12 Pro preorder got lost by UPS last year.

A lot other posts says the same thing happened to them. Some packages had a "delivered" record but were missing, some are same as my case, no updates since "out for delivery".

Now I wanted to know, if I suspect the package was stolen during UPS transit, can I file a police report to local police department? Are there other actions I can take?

Lastly, I would suggest Apple to eliminate the UPS delivery option for preorder devices if this method is proved to be insecure. I should have chose to pick up in store. Have to wait another month for a preordered device, is more than disappointing.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 9:44 AM

9 replies

Sep 27, 2021 10:08 AM in response to yyiheng

You're not writing Apple here. This is a user to user only forum.

Things go wrong with USPS, Fedex and just about every other delivery service out there.

Whether you can file police report or not, I'm not sure we can advise you on that. If Apple is getting a device to you, even if not in the time frame you hoped, you're not really out anything. And something like this would be considered petty theft, so it's not going to be high on the police list of things to investigate.

Sep 27, 2021 10:58 AM in response to yyiheng

This is really not the place to share this. This is a technical support, ask a question about how to use your iPhone forum. There's not one thing any user can do or help you with a missing shipped iPhone. This is something you need to work through with UPS and Apple and it appears a solution has been offered, which you've accepted.

Now don't get me wrong. It's awful your phone didn't make it to you. I know how disappointed I'd be if mine didn't arrive. It's just we can't honestly help you and you have a resolve worked out.

Oct 25, 2021 12:30 PM in response to yyiheng

Hi,

I am also facing similar issue.

My order was placed on 26.09.2021 and expected delivery date was between 13.10.2021 and 20.10.2021.

Apple shipped the product as promised via UPS packet service.

On 15.10.2021, UPS web tracking said they will deliver the packet between 10.15 and 14.15, but did not deliver.

On 18.10.2021, UPS web tracking said they will deliver the packet between 10.15 and 14.15, but did not deliver.

On 19.10.2021, UPS web tracking was showing delay.

On 20.10.2021, UP web tracking was showing delay.

Since 20.10.2021 was the promised delivery from Apple, i contacted UPS and their response was there is no such packet available with the tracking ID i had given to them. UPS said i must contact Apple for further steps.

On 21.10.2021 i contacted Apple, and Apple said they will check with UPS and initiate an investigation to find the packet out.

On 21.10.2021, immediately after the call with customer care UPS changed the status to "initiated investigation to find the packet".

On 25.10.2021, i have contacted UPS again and they said they will convey status only to Apple not to the packet receiver.

All this, despite of the fact that there is clear details available in UPS website about packet movement.

14.10.2021: Packet was send by Apple.

15.10.2021: Packet reached X place

15.10.2021: Packet reached Y place and out for delivery and from there it is missing.

Completely irresponsible service from UPS. Still Apple deducted the cost of the phone!

Looking at the various articles from internet this seems to be a usual issue with UPS - delay, not delivering, lost packet of iPhone. If it is a usual issue over the period of time then wondering why did not Apple changed UPS, or customers are getting cheated by Apple AND/OR UPS!!!! Never know!!

Just wanted to share my experience.

Oct 25, 2021 1:19 PM in response to 3S5k7G9

This is pretty much the same as my experience, I got the same reply from UPS. I contacted Apple's customer service but they don't know anything about how to deal with this, all they can do is issue a refund or send a replacement.

UPS marked "start investigation' on Sep.26, and then no updates until Oct.21 the status was updated to "a claim has been issued to sender".

Apple did send me the replacement and it arrived on Oct.21, which is earlier than the 1 month estimate, but still a quite long wait and I was debating if I still need the phone or not....

It does seem to be a quite usual issue with UPS. I'm sure both Apple and UPS have the data of the number of lost packages each season. Doesn't seem like anything will be changed. As customers all we can do is choose "pick up in store" instead of UPS.

I hope you get your package or a refund soon...

Dec 3, 2021 10:52 PM in response to yoanna177

Through customer care I contacted Apple.

It took 10 days to complete the investigation of the missing iphone between UPS and Apple. Before that I have requested to initiate a refund. Soon after completing the investigation they have initiated the refund.

If UPS going to be the packet service provider then best is to buy the product from Apple Store in person. So that one can pay and get the product, no need to waste time by following up with Apple and UPS!

Dec 4, 2021 6:48 AM in response to yoanna177

yoanna177 wrote:

How did you reached out to apple? I just ordered my iPhone 13pm and ame thing happened. I haven’t received it and yet is been delivered. Sadly T-Mobile doesn’t want to nothing about it Bkus they state they have a contract with UPS and now ups has me waiting on my claim since there’s no option to speak
to a representative

Did you order your phone from T-Mobile? If you did, contacting Apple would be pointless. You need to work with who you bought the phone from, which from what you wrote appears to be T-Mobile.

Missing iPhone 13 pro package - UPS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.