Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15 iPhone 12 pro - battery drain

Hello. My battery is draining really fast and it shows that the App Store is using large amounts of power in the background. I have restored my phone and updated to iOS 15 but am still having the issue. I currently have it turned off for the App Store to do background checks for app updates so I will have to do them manually. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to solve this issue. I cannot go anywhere without having to charge my phone.

Thanks,

Stacey

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 12:24 PM

When you upgrade to a new iOS you will find that many apps will update over the days following the launch as updates are released. It's a symptom of a large number of app updates for the release of the new iOS.

It will settle down after a few days.

Similar questions

15 replies

Sep 29, 2021 12:18 PM in response to Simpleton65

Hello again ~ Great to hear back but not under current circumstances. Try this:

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

If not help there close all apps and force restart:

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

If still a problem take it in for a checkup:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options

If you have to take it in:

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple ...

I would be happy to hear back from you if you have to take it in to Apple. Hang in there:)

~Katana-San~

Sep 27, 2021 12:10 PM in response to Katana-San

Hi Katana,

Thank you for the list of tips. I am not using my phone much at all during the day and it used to be fine. I noticed this battery issue just before upgrading to 15 and thought the upgrade might help. I also restored my phone. When I am not using the phone at all, the App Store is draining most of my battery life (like 59% or more) and I am not using the app at all. Do you have an idea about why this app is problematic?

Best,

Stacey

Sep 27, 2021 12:45 PM in response to Simpleton65

Hello ~ Great post by 1AlanM….wait and see if it doesn’t settle down … my concern is that you mentioned this started b4 iOS 15. Let’s watch it for awhile and see okay? If not post back and we will work on it some more…we are always here …great thing about this forum. Take care:) and go back through those tips I posted above. Good luck :)

~Katana-San~

Sep 29, 2021 11:25 AM in response to Katana-San

Hi. Update on the iPhone and battery drain due to the App Store app. It seemed to be better for a day and a half, but back to serious drain today. And my phone was very hot - unplugged and not being used. I don't know what else to do since I already tried restoring it. The battery just recently went down about 50% in an hour without using it.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I read other posts that are similar so it doesn't seem like an isolated incident.

Oct 29, 2021 7:06 PM in response to VsubbMOW

I had this on a 12 mini after upgrading to iOS 15.1. Battery would drain to about 20-30% every day with App Store showing as the culprit. Multiple reboots did not fix it. Automatic app updates are turned off, so that was obviously not it.

I did a Backup/Erase/Restore cycle yesterday and that does appear to have fixed it. 3pm and I'm still at 90% today.

Dec 1, 2021 11:55 PM in response to tritonesub

Hi

When I bought my iPhone 12 Pro back in 2020, it came with iOS 14 and had the exact same problem until the fix was released with iOS 14.2.

I have upgraded to iOS 15.1 and the issue is back again.

it drains so fast with very limited app usage.

The reason for this battery drain back in 2020 was my network provider O2, I decided to switch the SIM card to EE and the battery drain stopped.

Funny enough I ran the same test again yesterday and the battery drain stopped.

If anyone has run a similar test then please share your results.

IOS 15 iPhone 12 pro - battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.