You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume Buttons Delayed

My iPhone 11 has been having delayed sound effects and delayed response to clicking volume up/down buttons. Wi-fi is fine, buttons click, everything works good except or occasional bugs. Volume responds to my clicks a few seconds after the click. Occasionally, I hear the turn off sound effect seconds after i click the button. I’ve tried restarting, rebooting, running out of charge, and others. What should i do?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 4:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 9:22 PM

It’s not exactly that the buttons don’t work, because they do. It’s that when the buttons click, my phone bugs out and registers all clicks at once after a delay. Also, the camera seems to take longer to focus and sometimes takes time to actually turn on once in camera app

3 replies

Sep 28, 2021 3:46 PM in response to JoshuaAsturuas

Hello JoshuaAsturuas,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your volume buttons response is delayed. We are happy to help.

Please try the steps here: If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the volume buttons still don’t work as expected, please locate the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store in your region for service here: Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Sep 29, 2021 9:11 AM in response to JoshuaAsturuas

Hello JoshuaAsturuas,

Please try the steps here if your phone is unresponsive: If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

We recommend the steps here for your camera: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

Since the volume buttons response is still delayed, we recommend having an Apple Technician inspect your phone. You can locate the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store in your region here: Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Volume Buttons Delayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.