You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

volume buttons randomly stop working

my volume buttons will randomly stop working sometimes. i will restart my phone (iphone 11) and let it sit for a bit then they will start working again. this time, i’ve done what i usually do and they won’t work. i updated my phone, i turned on the “change with buttons” switch in sounds and haptics, i’ve reset my network settings, and i’ve even cleaned out the buttons themselves. the drop-down volume shortcut is stuck at the highest volume, yet when i play a video, no sound comes out.

when i restarted my phone, i had the ability to change volume for about a minute then it froze up again.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 3:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 4:54 AM

Hello,

Hmm, I don't have an answer. You may have to have the phone checked: Find Locations

However, start here:

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

and here:

Adjust the volume on iPhone

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Good luck.

1 reply

volume buttons randomly stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.