Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app on Sony XR-65A80J (2021) will not sign-in with Apple ID

My Sony XR-65A80J (2021) TV has the Apple TV app built into the TV, but when I try to sign-in with my Apple ID it gives me a "Verification Failed" message. The TV is a 2021 model not listed as supported on the Apple website, but the list only goes up to 2020 TV's.... Also, AirPlay from my cell phone to the TV isn't working either. I get the access code to pop up on the TV and type it into the cell phone, but the phone just keeps asking to enter the code again.

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 6:47 PM

The change to the TV’s privacy settings did not solve the problem, but the screen mirroring work around did!

“On your iphone (this needs to be a device with same apple ID you want to sign into the tv app with), go to a video you’ve taken and use the corner swipe menu to screen mirror to the sony tv. The tv should show up in your list of devices. Let the video play for a bit then pause. Don’t stop screen mirroring but press the home button on the tv remote and navigate to the apple tv app. From the settings menu get to the sign on screen and choose sign in with device. Use the same device you screen mirrored to enter the code.

Once you have successfully signed on this way, you should be able to add other apple id accounts from the settings menu as well.”

Problem solved!

Thank you!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 6:47 PM in response to Urquhart1244

The change to the TV’s privacy settings did not solve the problem, but the screen mirroring work around did!

“On your iphone (this needs to be a device with same apple ID you want to sign into the tv app with), go to a video you’ve taken and use the corner swipe menu to screen mirror to the sony tv. The tv should show up in your list of devices. Let the video play for a bit then pause. Don’t stop screen mirroring but press the home button on the tv remote and navigate to the apple tv app. From the settings menu get to the sign on screen and choose sign in with device. Use the same device you screen mirrored to enter the code.

Once you have successfully signed on this way, you should be able to add other apple id accounts from the settings menu as well.”

Problem solved!

Thank you!

Apple TV app on Sony XR-65A80J (2021) will not sign-in with Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.