Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final cut 10.5.4 crashes anytime i try to do a smart conform

Final cut 10.5.4 crashes anytime i try to do a smart conform.

it seems to work fine if I don't click on smart conform. I can create a square or vertical video without smart conform but once I click on smart conform it crashes after a few seconds of trying to load the video

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 8:42 AM

What's the original media specs, frame rate, and codec?

I'll have to look at this, but first you should know that every time the application crashes you need to reset your preferences. Hold Opt-Cmd as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this my double-clicking your library the application will open an Untitled library.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 8:42 AM in response to remi135

What's the original media specs, frame rate, and codec?

I'll have to look at this, but first you should know that every time the application crashes you need to reset your preferences. Hold Opt-Cmd as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this my double-clicking your library the application will open an Untitled library.

Sep 28, 2021 8:28 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

OS - Big Sur 11.6

Project - 4k - 3840X2160 - 23.98p - apple profess 422 - rec 709 -

when I try to duplicate - vertical - smart conform - 1080X1920 and everything else is the same as original project

once I click ok it creates the duplicate. I see it under projects but a few seconds later it crashes

I hope I answered your questions if not please clarify thanks!

Final cut 10.5.4 crashes anytime i try to do a smart conform

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.