Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roblox is forcing me to use the new beta app

I just saw someone asked similar question after update 11.3..... I have a similar problem but it's the new Roblox beta app. I read that Roblox is changing it's language to reflect that the games are player created experiences and therefore it's not violating the Apple App Store policy....??? Are we no longer going to be able to play Roblox through the application on Big Sur (I just updated to 11.6)? I clicked on the beta app and didn't realize how awful it was going to be. I posted before about how to get this beta app off of my laptop and the regular Roblox back on but no one who responded seemed familiar with what Roblox actually is, let alone how to find the file that is causing the beta app to run instead of the application download. I tried to download on private mode and it said that there was no application to open it. It seems that I'm stuck with this terrible app and cannot download the Studio AT ALL anymore!! My daughter was working on several obbies!

I've cleared the cache, cookies, etc.... I tried private mode... I've uninstalled and tried to reinstall. I tried Firefox and it just loops around from the Roblox home page and when I click play for an experience, it takes me to the download, it say successfully downloaded but then when I'm on the home page and click play, it takes me to download again...loops over and over and over. I checked my applications folder and Roblox is nowhere to be found. Please help? I need the original Roblox and Roblox Studio applications on my laptop. Thanks in advance and if this hasn't happened to you and you don't know exactly what I'm talking about, please don't give me responses about the 8 year old app in the Apple App Store or links to how to uninstall and install from Roblox. None of those things are relevant to this situation.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 12:47 PM

Thanks but I don’t need support. I tried to re-install on Firefox on private mode and found the file! It’s called roblox-player. I deleted it and Roblox continued to download to a page that asked me if I wanted to return to the regular application instead of the beta app. I clicked it and Roblox downloaded back onto Safari where it had been. Strange but I’ll take it!! So, I’m definitely not the only person who prefers the application to the new beta “app.”

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 12:47 PM in response to dialabrain

Thanks but I don’t need support. I tried to re-install on Firefox on private mode and found the file! It’s called roblox-player. I deleted it and Roblox continued to download to a page that asked me if I wanted to return to the regular application instead of the beta app. I clicked it and Roblox downloaded back onto Safari where it had been. Strange but I’ll take it!! So, I’m definitely not the only person who prefers the application to the new beta “app.”

Roblox is forcing me to use the new beta app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.