Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to remove Apple Pay from a MacBook Pro

I had set up Apple Pay on my MacBook Pro some time ago, but when I tried to remove it it's either in status "Removing..." or "Pending removal..." or something to that effect. Of course it's not getting removed...

After some time status just jumps back to "normal".

Tried to remove it from every place possible. Same results.

Device has been assigned with different apple id and when assigned back to prev. apple id the Apple Pay with the same old card is there...

What's up with this and how do I remove that card. There's no subscriptions and the card has never been used with MacBook to purchase anything. Same card is associated with my iPhone.

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 4:18 AM

That article doesn't apply here. It would only help if you have some kind of unfulfilled commitments.

If someone runs into this same thing then here's what helped me...

This only works if ALL apple pay cards have been "removed" from that specific device I imagine.

Go to: System Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Add Card...

If you have the case that I had you will be prompted with a message that says something to the effect of:

"Apple Pay is already configured on this disk...." or something like that. You will be prompted to reset it if you want. Do that and it will remove that card from that specific device completely...you might need to go into icloud settings and click "remove card" under that same device, but this time it will remove that card for sure.

Imo pretty stupid process if you ask me. At no point I was anywhere informed about it having set up on a "disk" whatever that means. Trying to remove before that was just uninformed nothing. "Pending removal etc..." basically pointless messages that reset after a while and the card doesn't get removed.

Also I would love to change my community username if anyone has an idea how to do that that would be nice...apparently that process too is pretty ...ehh

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 4:18 AM in response to ShannonM1

That article doesn't apply here. It would only help if you have some kind of unfulfilled commitments.

If someone runs into this same thing then here's what helped me...

This only works if ALL apple pay cards have been "removed" from that specific device I imagine.

Go to: System Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Add Card...

If you have the case that I had you will be prompted with a message that says something to the effect of:

"Apple Pay is already configured on this disk...." or something like that. You will be prompted to reset it if you want. Do that and it will remove that card from that specific device completely...you might need to go into icloud settings and click "remove card" under that same device, but this time it will remove that card for sure.

Imo pretty stupid process if you ask me. At no point I was anywhere informed about it having set up on a "disk" whatever that means. Trying to remove before that was just uninformed nothing. "Pending removal etc..." basically pointless messages that reset after a while and the card doesn't get removed.

Also I would love to change my community username if anyone has an idea how to do that that would be nice...apparently that process too is pretty ...ehh

Sep 29, 2021 6:48 AM in response to of-the-stack

Hello karliszarins,

We understand that you're running into some trouble with removing Apple Pay from your MacBook Pro. We'd recommend reviewing the following steps:

If you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID

If problems persist, then you'll want to Contact Apple Support so that they can look into this directly with you.

Thanks!

Unable to remove Apple Pay from a MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.