Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15 - Stuck on verifying update

Hello, I have a 10.5 A1709 iPad Pro with 64gb memory and approx 40gb free space.

I am a member of the IOS beta program at beta 15 (7) noticed odd behaviour where the iPad would not install any update sent to it, it would simply stick on the "verifying update" screen and no matter how long it was left nothing would happen. Home and power button pressed got back to the screen once rebooted, followed advice removed the downloaded software, rinse repeat same result.

Reset network settings, offloaded apps, wiped iPad and eventually gave up assuming it was an issue and would be addressed on another beta.

Beta 15 (8) same again no change so removed myself from beta as the official RC was imminent.

Only way to install the official RC was to backup, DFU and start all over.

I have seen a few people on M.R. forums with the same iPad model mentioning the same stuck on verify issue. My other phones, iPads all update fine it is just this 1st gen iPad Pro.

I realise that the BETA programme should not be discussed here however as I had to go through DFU to install the RC of iPadOS15 and am unable to upgrade to 15.1 i feel that this is relevant and isn't discussing aspects of the beta programme.

Any ideas? This one has me beat and i cannot resolve, annoying but i guess i just leave the beta programme once more for this device but my concern is that it actually impacts all updates and not just those from the beta channel.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 6:52 AM

You are correct in that we are unable to discuss any element of the Apple beta programmes - or any issues that you may encounter. When engaging with a beta programme, you will also have accepted an NDA.

Contributors within the Apple Support Communities can only provide advice as to returning your device to the current production release - at this time, iPadOS 15.0 (build 19A346). If you are currently enrolled in a beta programme and wish to return to using the current production version, this support page provides the necessary information to remove the beta from your iPad:

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 6:52 AM in response to Joseph Old

You are correct in that we are unable to discuss any element of the Apple beta programmes - or any issues that you may encounter. When engaging with a beta programme, you will also have accepted an NDA.

Contributors within the Apple Support Communities can only provide advice as to returning your device to the current production release - at this time, iPadOS 15.0 (build 19A346). If you are currently enrolled in a beta programme and wish to return to using the current production version, this support page provides the necessary information to remove the beta from your iPad:

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Oct 28, 2021 1:02 PM in response to Joseph Old

HI i have the exactly the same problem. i have reset 4 times now, i have downloaded ios 15.1 4 times now. i delete it and try again but it just gets stuck on verifying update.

I have plugged it into iTunes and clicked update software but it says your up to date (15.0) how can this be iTunes thinks 15.0 is the latest software and my iPad won’t install the latest update.

IOS 15 - Stuck on verifying update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.