Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New files saved on iCloud with iPad not showing up on iMac

New files I create and save to my iCloud are not showing up when I access iCloud on my iMac. This has been happening for a week, while I was out of town and my iMac was shut off. I create and save files to the iCloud from my iPad Pro, and are accessible there, but new files created this way have not shown up on my iMac since 9/21.

I signed out of iCloud and signed back in, rebooted the computer, but no changes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm running a 27in late 2013 iMac running OS Mojave 10.14.6, and iPad Pro 12.9in 2nd generation, software version 14.7.1

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 7:06 AM

Last night a little message popped up on my iPad, saying that I needed to accept the new terms and conditions or my iPad would not be able to use iCloud. And I did, and now this morning, everything is back where it's supposed to be. So, if anyone is interested, that's what happened.

2 replies

Sep 29, 2021 6:23 AM in response to citizenDave75

Tried signing out of iCloud and signing back in, no changes.

(other than freaking out when all my files and folders on my desktop disappeared, which I've inadvertently now loaded off of my computer and onto iCloud.)

Files created on my Mac show up, but nothing done on my iPad and saved to iCloud are showing on my Mac. Could this be a problem with the iPad? I fear signing out of iCloud on my iPad and no longer having access to the files, as it's thousands of hours of work related files.

And I don't know what this means, but when accessing files on iCloud through Clip Studio Paint, all of the new files, under the file name and date they were last saved, instead of listing the file size, it now says "Waiting..." and a little up arrow.

New files saved on iCloud with iPad not showing up on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.