Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 pro max stops vibrating while in case (magnets)

Today I bought this case:

https://decodedbags.com/products/detachable-wallet-black-iphone-13-pro-max

And later in the day I noticed that while the phone is in the case it doesn't vibrate or do any haptic feedback. Then I put it on the back of the case (back to back) and the same thing. It doesn't vibrate while close to the case. I suspect it's the magnets on the case.

But now I'm wondering if it's something with my phone or did someone else also notice this?

Going to be returning the case tomorrow and possibly bring the phone in for repairs.

Best regards,

Tom

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 2:18 AM

Hi,

We can confirm that we have faced this issue on the first batch of the Detachable Wallets for iPhone 13 Pro and 13ProMax.

The haptic engine has been adjusted from iPhone 12Pro/12ProMax to iPhone 13Pro/13ProMax

If you have a case with this issue, please reach out to Decoded and we will replace your product,

Sorry for the inconvenience on this one as you can normally expect best in class products, so we will now offer best in class service,

Decoded

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 2:18 AM in response to Weider87

Hi,

We can confirm that we have faced this issue on the first batch of the Detachable Wallets for iPhone 13 Pro and 13ProMax.

The haptic engine has been adjusted from iPhone 12Pro/12ProMax to iPhone 13Pro/13ProMax

If you have a case with this issue, please reach out to Decoded and we will replace your product,

Sorry for the inconvenience on this one as you can normally expect best in class products, so we will now offer best in class service,

Decoded

Sep 29, 2021 10:24 AM in response to Weider87

Hello, Weider87.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that your having issues with haptics and vibration on your iPhone.

If you go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, are your vibrate and system haptic settings enabled?

What happens if you go into Ringtone > Vibration and select a different vibration pattern? Does your iPhone vibrate?

Let us know! Take care.

Oct 22, 2021 7:47 AM in response to Dwattenschaidt

I just heard back from them today! See below for their response:

---

Thank you for patiently waiting for us to get back to you about this. Our engineers ran some additional testing and noticed that some of the 13 pro cases may cause an issue with vibration on the phone. 

The Taptic Engine on all iPhones generally uses electromagnetic fields to vibrate. (The Taptic Engine is what enables the vibration functionality). And when it senses a magnetic field in close proximity - it will stop the vibration. 

On the iPhone 13 Pro the location of the haptic chip slightly changed this time around and it so happens that it sits very close to one of the magnets on our case. When the wallet is attached to the 13 pro MagBak case the same issue can occur. 

Although a very small % of our customers are seeing this - if you are experiencing a similar issue this may be the reason. 

Our current production is already geared to accommodate this change so this problem can be eliminated. We hope to have the next batch ready in December. 

We would be happy to send one of these new cases to you at no extra cost when it’s ready. 

Please note this is only an issue pertaining to the 13 pro.

Iphone 13 pro max stops vibrating while in case (magnets)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.