Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speaker volume on iPhone 13 pro

My volume for my new iPhone 13 pro is horrible through the speakers and I can barely hear anything including button clicks like when I am typing this out. It’s very sad that such an expensive device has such crappy sound and apparently this has been going on for awhile with other models of the phone.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 6:25 PM

Are we going to get answers to our questions IPhone ~? Or you have no answer ~? The volume is terrible on my iPhone 13Pro, I have never had a problem with all of my other iPhones over the years~! Just tell me whether something can be done or NOT~!!!!!

31 replies

Jan 7, 2022 9:43 PM in response to Warrior58d10

Just got the iPhone 13 Pro Max, looked at some of the replies and they helped me find a solution for the low speaker volume (was very low). Resolved problem by:

settings - Accessibility - Audio/Visual - Background Sounds - “Use When Media is Playing” I turned this option on and increased the volume level to 100.

I also turned on “Mono Audio” in previous “Audio/Visual” screen, this seemed to turn On the second speaker which I didn’t even know it had.

Dec 24, 2021 2:39 PM in response to Warrior58d10

accessibility -> audio/visual -> flipping mono audio on and off while moving balance slider from left to right with no rhyme or reason fixed it for me gradually and eventually.

my iphone 13 pro low volume issue was probably more a result of having it under running water to clean it earlier today but even after it was thoroughly dried, all the speakers were quiet until I messed around with settings.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays

Dec 22, 2021 7:24 AM in response to Warrior58d10

I have same issue - sounds quiet and odd on a regular call, but 'speaker' is also quiet and can barely tell its on speaker mode - I was going to take it in to be looked at, thinking there is something wrong with this particular phone, but this thread makes me think its a design thing - but if so it seems like the whole world would be complaining - it literally seems worse than my OG SE

Dec 23, 2021 5:12 PM in response to Warrior58d10

Hey so this happened to me as well and I was very upset because I wanted to really blast music on my speakers. 

Well, I was looking into it and decided to check every sound setting in my iPhone. Turns out that the new iOS has a feature called “Headphone Safety” which somehow makes speakers lower their volume. 

This is, in my opinion to reduce sound damage to your ears. 

• Go to “settings” then “Sound & Haptics” then “Headphone Safety” and where it says “Reduce loud Sounds” turn it “Off” or just adjust to your like. 

If this is not the problem then it might actually be a software problem in your case but this fixed it for me. 

Dec 23, 2021 5:14 PM in response to Warrior58d10

Hey so this happened to me as well and I was very upset because I wanted to really blast music on my speakers. 

Well, I was looking into it and decided to check every sound setting in my iPhone. Turns out that the new iOS has a feature called “Headphone Safety” which somehow makes speakers lower their volume. 

This is, in my opinion to reduce sound damage to your ears. 

• Go to “settings” then “Sound & Haptics” then “Headphone Safety” and where it says “Reduce loud Sounds” turn it “Off” or just adjust to your like. 

If this is not the problem for you then it might actually be a software problem but this fixed it for me. 

Dec 24, 2021 2:41 PM in response to Warrior58d10

I bought my iPhone 13-pro in late Nov 2021. Speakerphone and alarm volume issues have existed since the purchase. I’ve been on chats and phone calls with Apple Support for several hours. Also visited an Apple Store to speak with the representative there. Apple said it was a Verizon (my cellular provider) issue. Spent hours on chats and phone, and visited Verizon. They concluded it was an Apple issue. I’ve had diagnostics run by Apple and Verizon. I e reset all settings 5 times, even erased the phone and reloaded 3 times. No luck. Apple won’t replace the phone if their diagnostics can’t identify the problem. Not sure of my next steps other than to insist on another really expensive phone.

Sep 29, 2021 8:09 AM in response to MrBill3

Yes MrBill I have ensured that the volume was all the way up and used or tried to use every little hint and trick that could be found. The phone speakers are still very quiet. It’s a software issue that once again apple fails to acknowledge since every once in awhile the clicks sound louder on one or two presses. I however appreciate your insight and suggestion.

Apr 9, 2022 1:51 PM in response to arshad59

Hi all,

Band new iPhone 13 out of the box.

After making a FT call the I realized how low volume was coming out of those speakers .

No BT devices we’re paired yet.

The speakers are just painfully way to low and not pleasant to listen at all. My 12 pro max was way more louder, so was my 11 pro, 11 and joke aside my 6s ! The volume is maxed out, and I did applied other solutions found here and it is not fixing anything.

It looks like a hardware issue and if those are the same speakers from the iPhone 12, something inside the phone is blocking the sound. I’m planning a Apple Store visit. Cheers

Apr 19, 2022 4:57 PM in response to Warrior58d10

Hey, Same issues for the last two/ 3 weeks, brand new phone. There are YouTube videos that help you troubleshoot. Try resetting all of your settings or your phone then give it an hour and see if that works. A lot of people have had a lot of luck with resetting and going through some of their settings. Probably just a software issue, not a hardware one...but who knows. Best of Luck. If not contact apple directly great customer support.

Speaker volume on iPhone 13 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.