Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I allocate more RAM to Safari to STOP the notices?

Hi all,

I would like to know how I can allocate more RAM to Safari (15) so that I can stop it from first telling me that any (and every) "...webpage is using significant memory. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac" right before it hangs?

This started to happen recently, I think with version 14, and is getting worse every day, and it is totally annoying.

I am running a 2019 iMac 27" 5k with 40GB RAM (yes, *40*) and continue to get this annoying message and have Safari constantly hang for no real reason. This happens on almost every website from facebook, to eBay, Amazon, and even regular Google searches.

I have cleared caches, ran CCCleaner, and OnyX, but nothing seems to work. I am up to the point of trying to wipe and re-install everything (not what I am looking forward to).

Adding two images -- the first is Safari, *AFTER* re-install of 15, just trying to find an answer to this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 9:51 PM

Hey all! I have to accept the RAM thing, but I found a way to get rid of that annoying message and the freezing. I read that lots of people were having this issue and they recommended re-installing Safari 15, so I did that, but it did not help. So, I ran ONYX and opted to rebuild the Launch Services Database. Took a bit of time, but after rebooting, the problem is gone (at least so far)...

Hope this might help someone else.

--Dave

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 9:51 PM in response to MichelleT18

Hey all! I have to accept the RAM thing, but I found a way to get rid of that annoying message and the freezing. I read that lots of people were having this issue and they recommended re-installing Safari 15, so I did that, but it did not help. So, I ran ONYX and opted to rebuild the Launch Services Database. Took a bit of time, but after rebooting, the problem is gone (at least so far)...

Hope this might help someone else.

--Dave

Sep 29, 2021 2:48 PM in response to davidpipgras

Hello davidpipgras,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're frequently encountering a message in Safari on your Mac indicating that a webpage is using significant memory.

There's not a way to allocate more RAM in Safari in order to resolve this message. In addition to the steps you've already tried, we'd like to have you follow the suggestions outlined in the resource below and let us know if there's any change after:

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support

Take care.

How can I allocate more RAM to Safari to STOP the notices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.