Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Safari - Slow loading of pages Ventura 13.6.1 Safari 17.2

Using Safari on my iMac 27" 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 with 24GB RAM since is becoming unmanageable.

When I have Safari (Version 17.2 (18617.1.11.11.3, 18617)) running along side of Chrome, and I try to load any kind of website, it takes roughly 20 sec to load the page vs Chrome which does it sub 1 second!

On Safari, I see the progress bar of the website stick to about 1/8 of the total length and it just sits there for about 20 sec before the page fully loads.

I have removed all extensions from Safari, cleared the cache, and no luck. Network settings are fine, otherwise why would Chrome be so much faster?

Since my Mac is no longer eligible for MAC OS Updates, the only thing updated was Safari. Is there a way to go back to the older version? Perhaps that should fix things.

Any suggestions welcome....

Thanks

Nic

Posted on Nov 11, 2023 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 2:41 AM

Thanks for the reply Tac. I manged to find a page with the download link to the Safari packages for Ventura, as I don't have a developer account. It's here:

https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-safari-full-installer-database-download-directly-from-apple/

I downloaded and installed the 17.1 V2 package that was released on the 6th of Nov.

This is now showing up as Version 17.1 (18616.2.9.11.10, 18616)

This has fixed the issue with the loading of pages. I will keep the installer until the next version of Safari is available (something after Version 17.2 (18617.1.11.11.3, 18617).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2023 2:41 AM in response to situkak

Thanks for the reply Tac. I manged to find a page with the download link to the Safari packages for Ventura, as I don't have a developer account. It's here:

https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-safari-full-installer-database-download-directly-from-apple/

I downloaded and installed the 17.1 V2 package that was released on the 6th of Nov.

This is now showing up as Version 17.1 (18616.2.9.11.10, 18616)

This has fixed the issue with the loading of pages. I will keep the installer until the next version of Safari is available (something after Version 17.2 (18617.1.11.11.3, 18617).

Nov 22, 2023 10:17 PM in response to Nic P

I am having issues with YouTube on my 2017 27" iMac running 13.6.1. The videos are now opening in the lowest resolution setting and taking longer to load, when first opened if an ad plays it is not sizing correctly in the window, lots of buffering when I try to change the video format to say 1080, just a lot of weird stuff happening within the last week or so. When I tried Firefox, no issues. My download/upload speeds have not changed. What is going on?

Safari - Slow loading of pages Ventura 13.6.1 Safari 17.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.