Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 16.2 Very slow to no-responsive

The update Mac OS Ventura 13.1 came with Safari 16.2 is very slow to non responsive. I already cleared the cache and still slow. Does anyone have the same issue? How do you correct it?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 3:47 PM

Hi al@xray,

Apple recently released macOS 13.2 which contains many bug fixes and other enhancements that may help. We'd recommend updating to the latest macOS to see if this continues.

1. From the Apple menu (  ) > System Settings
  2. Tap Software Updates

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Take care!

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 22, 2023 5:01 PM in response to al@xray

Hi al@xray,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

Are you able to test Safari on another network? This can help isolate the issue a little further and help us determine if we need to take a deeper look at Safari, or the internet connectivity on your Mac. Check out: Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support

We'd also recommend testing while started up in safe mode. This will clear cache and eliminate the possibility of login items contributing to the behavior. Here's how: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

Let us know how the performance is in safe mode and after restarting normally: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Have a fantastic day!

Jan 23, 2023 11:09 AM in response to ManJor

Thank you for the reply. I did tried it on two networks one at home and the other at work. I did booth to safe mode and seems better but still has an annoying lag. It seems like a compatibility issue with certain websites. Some site work just fine than others. I have a bank website that even told me to update my browser.

Feb 6, 2023 11:00 AM in response to al@xray

It's now been a few weeks since I updated to OS13.2 and Safari 16.3 there is still a lag depending on the website. The other websites works just fine. Some bank websites doesn't even load at all. I think its still a compatibility issue with he world. Please help I really dot want to use Chrome due to their security issues.

Safari 16.2 Very slow to no-responsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.