Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to the Greenscreen effects of Photobooth with the Catalina update?

With the Catalina update I’ve noticed the built in Greenscreen effects of Photobooth have been taken out. These were extremely handy as there are none like it that you don’t have to pay for and you could even add your own. Has anyone found a way to get it back from the update or can Apple please bring it back!

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 10:28 AM

ShaddowTheFox wrote:

With the Catalina update I’ve noticed the built in Greenscreen effects of Photobooth have been taken out. These were extremely handy as there are none like it that you don’t have to pay for and you could even add your own. Has anyone found a way to get it back from the update or can Apple please bring it back!

You can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

for missing features

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 10:28 AM in response to ShaddowTheFox

ShaddowTheFox wrote:

You can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

for missing features

Sep 29, 2021 5:04 AM in response to ShaddowTheFox

By greenscreen I suppose you mean the ability to replace the background with something else.

If you do have a greenscreen behind you, then it is easy to remove it, for example in Preview.

But if you are, as a think you are, referring to the ability to do this without an actual greenscreen - this is usually referred to as a difference matte.

I don't know why this was removed.

This is a workaround, but there a now very very much used program that can do this: Zoom.

While it is meant for videoconferencing, you could use it as your private "photo booth" by starting a conference with no attendees other than yourself and capturing your screen.

What happened to the Greenscreen effects of Photobooth with the Catalina update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.