Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad 9th

I have just bought a ipad 9th gen of someone who took a contract cellular out with sky, if they dont pay contract can i still use i pad or could it be blocked or black listed?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 3:28 AM

Assuming that a SIM card is installed that relates to the previous owners Cellular contract, simply remove the SIM card.

Replacing the SIM card with that from another operator (if you require Cellular service), will allow the iPad to be used. In the event that the iPad is subsidy locked by the Cellular Carrier (Sky), you may need to contact Carrier to remove the subsidy lock; any outstanding fees will need to be settled before the subsidy lock will be removed by the Cellular carrier. If the iPad was purchased SIM-free (as is perhaps likely), removing the old SIM should be sufficient.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 3:28 AM in response to Lauren1984Andrews

Assuming that a SIM card is installed that relates to the previous owners Cellular contract, simply remove the SIM card.

Replacing the SIM card with that from another operator (if you require Cellular service), will allow the iPad to be used. In the event that the iPad is subsidy locked by the Cellular Carrier (Sky), you may need to contact Carrier to remove the subsidy lock; any outstanding fees will need to be settled before the subsidy lock will be removed by the Cellular carrier. If the iPad was purchased SIM-free (as is perhaps likely), removing the old SIM should be sufficient.

I pad 9th

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.