Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I accurately track calories burned while doing intense cardio activities such as Peloton spinning?

I have worn my Apple Watch to measure the calories burned during several intense spinning classes on using the Peloton digital and the Apple Fitness+. The calories burned measured are way off but the other stats such as heart rate measured (range from 70 to 148 BPM) are correct. For example, during a 60 minute Peloton indoor cycling/spinning my Apple Watch show that my active calories were 181 and my total calories were 247. This seems wrong.

I have re-calibrated the watch several times, my data in the Health App is correct, and configured the settings on the watch as instructed by Apple support. However, the calories burned readings are still way off. Any other suggestions?

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 3:17 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 29, 2021 3:38 AM in response to lilla7503

Here is a solution from another forum member;

LiftRunRead

Move Ring

RESOLVED: my move ring would unexpectedly lose calories. For example, after exercising, my Apple Move ring would show 500 calories. But later in the day, it would drop to 425. I discovered this was due to a duplicate workout recorded from my connected Strava fitness app, which would record fewer calories. So I deleted my duplicate Strava fitness data from the day’s workout, and my Apple Move calories returned to their original count. Hope that helps.

It seems to do the same thing with other 3rd party apps as well.

How can I accurately track calories burned while doing intense cardio activities such as Peloton spinning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.