Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer songs from files to iTunes

I cannot transfer songs from my files to iTunes, even though I was able to do it normally by drag-and-drop a couple of months ago. The songs are all mp3, so there is no format problem, and I have tried everything: Drag-and-drop, "Open With iTunes", copy them to the "Automatically Add To iTunes" folder and nothing works. I even deleted and redownloaded iTunes, to no avail. Anyone help? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 2:02 PM

converted the file to mp3 using this cloud link and wallah...everything is right as it should be.

https://cloudconvert.com/mp3-converter

21 replies

Oct 1, 2021 4:54 AM in response to BuckMcDuck

If you're still having a problem, make sure you have updated your version of iTunes to the very latest one.

• If you downloaded iTunes directly from Apple, and especially if you're using a non-English language version, use Help/Check for Updates to make sure you're on iTunes 12.12.1.1 which was released on 23rd September - four days after the previous version. If you're still on 12.12.0.6, update now
  • If you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store, the update should be automatic. You will not see an option under the Help menu for Check for Updates.

Can't transfer songs from files to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.