Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch series 6 scribble

Hey guys so after the watchos 8 update, my watch disabled the scribble function which i miss a lot. The problem i think roots from the fact that my watch and iphone langugage is english, but i send my messages in hungaria - which always sets the watch language back to Hungarian. How do i get my scribble back? I tried manually setting english as the language but it keeps getting back to hungarian….

thank you in advance!

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 10:01 AM

Greetings Itsdorbo,

We understand that you are having some difficulty with Scribble on your Apple Watch, and we'd like to help. If you’ve set up your Apple Watch to use more than one language, you can choose a different language when using Scribble. Just swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then choose a language. Scribble is not available in all languages. You can learn more here:

Scribble on your Apple Watch

Take care.

Similar questions

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 10:01 AM in response to Itsdorbo

Greetings Itsdorbo,

We understand that you are having some difficulty with Scribble on your Apple Watch, and we'd like to help. If you’ve set up your Apple Watch to use more than one language, you can choose a different language when using Scribble. Just swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then choose a language. Scribble is not available in all languages. You can learn more here:

Scribble on your Apple Watch

Take care.

Oct 23, 2021 5:45 AM in response to barberlives123

I have a similar problem. The scribble / dictation language always defaults to Spanish, even though the keyboard in the app, the default language etc. is all set to English. Whenever I try to reply, for instance in Whatsapp, it defaults first to Spanish. Even if I change it to English in the first Dialog, it still is in Spanish when I want to answer and I have to switch to Scribble, then change there to English and then I can dictate in English. There is clearly a bug. I think this started since it upgraded to the latest version.

Dec 19, 2021 2:39 PM in response to Dano362

My series 6 with 8.3 did this too. I think I solved it by tapping in the center of the screen in the message area, as if you want to start a message. Just start scribbling. Or touch the microphone to dictate. That button is a toggle between Scribble and dictate on my watch. I’m still having inconsistent results though. Bad “upgrade” on this I think.

Jan 12, 2022 6:26 AM in response to b4g77

Thanks! This worked but needs a little bit of clarification…

While you’re in the text you want to reply to, press the bubble at the bottom that’s says “iMessage or SMS”, it’s before the suggested auto replys.

Then you will get the blank screen that has a blinking cursor, emoji icon at the bottom left, and microphone icon at the bottom right.

This is where you will swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the scribble option as the previous poster mentioned. Just select it!

After doing that, my texts have been defaulting to scribble when I want to reply so I don’t have to do that whole process every time. Hopefully it stays this way

Apple watch series 6 scribble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.