Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Showing More Available Storage Than Built In

Ever since updating to iOS15, my iPhone shows more available capacity for memory than what’s physically in the phone under the “About” section. However, when I go to the iPhone Storage option, it says I’ve used Zero KB, but shows used space on the graph. I’ve checked all over and cannot find a solution. Anyone having this issue or know how to correct?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:55 AM

Guys, Firstly, sorry for my bad English.

I found my solution with iphone XR, but not sure if it’s really work with your cases or not.

my workaround are as follows

1. Updated ios from 15.0 to the latest version (as of today its 15.1)

2. This still doesn’t fix the storage problem. Then I changed iphone language in Setting>general>Language&Region>iphone language.

3. As i’m Thai, so I changed from English to Thai. Then switched back to English again.

4. Go and check available storage again.

it’s works!!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 7:55 AM in response to stgawa

Guys, Firstly, sorry for my bad English.

I found my solution with iphone XR, but not sure if it’s really work with your cases or not.

my workaround are as follows

1. Updated ios from 15.0 to the latest version (as of today its 15.1)

2. This still doesn’t fix the storage problem. Then I changed iphone language in Setting>general>Language&Region>iphone language.

3. As i’m Thai, so I changed from English to Thai. Then switched back to English again.

4. Go and check available storage again.

it’s works!!

Nov 29, 2021 5:37 PM in response to stgawa

I've played around a bit with this on my 13 mini. It looks to me like somewhere in the software there is probably a "+" rather than a "-". When I download new stuff (a playlist from spotify) the available number goes up. When I delete things it goes down. A bit of an annoying bug but nothing that affects DTD usability

iPhone Showing More Available Storage Than Built In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.