Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage never loads

Hello,

I have a problem with calculating iPhone storage on iPhone 12 Pro. As I go to the phone storage it starts to "calculate sizes" but never ends. It can go on for hours if I let it and - nothing shows up. And it has been like this for months now. I tried to restart it, waited for the software update thinking that might solve the problem but the problem stays the same. The attached photo is taken today after update to 15.3...

I am pretty sure I don't have only 20 GB free because I don't have a lot of photos or videos but I can't be sure because I don't see what is actually taking up space.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Thank you very much :-)

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 7:25 AM

Hey vedran69,

We understand that the iPhone storage never fully calculates, even if you leave it on this screen for hours. If available, are you able to check the storage of your iPhone with a computer? This article shows how: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're still unable to see your iPhone storage after that, you can contact Apple Support for further assistance here: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 7:25 AM in response to Community User

Hey vedran69,

We understand that the iPhone storage never fully calculates, even if you leave it on this screen for hours. If available, are you able to check the storage of your iPhone with a computer? This article shows how: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're still unable to see your iPhone storage after that, you can contact Apple Support for further assistance here: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Feb 2, 2022 12:54 PM in response to claire504

Hi,

thx for the reply and the suggestion. I did what you said, connected the iPhone to my Macbook and - it worked. As I've suspected I have much more space that the iPhone said.

Anyway, thx for the help. It bugs me not be able to see storage info on the phone but this works just fine.

Thx again for your help

Feb 9, 2022 5:16 AM in response to apple.robinson

Thx for the reply and I hope this helps someone but for me - didn’t do the job. Did both restarts and the iPhone is still doing the “infinite calculate “.

thx for the try :-)

iPhone storage never loads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.