Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook Error

Hi, I’m using iPhone 6 and recently updated to iOS 12.5.5. My outlook account didn’t work anymore. I’ve tried many times and many ways but it didn’t work. I’ve tried signing in on the laptop and it work. What should I do?

P.S : I also can’t download the outlook app because it requires iOS 15 update

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 10:36 PM

zaibanafe Said:

"Outlook Error: Hi, I’m using iPhone 6 and recently updated to iOS 12.5.5. My outlook account didn’t work anymore. I’ve tried many times and many ways but it didn’t work. I’ve tried signing in on the laptop and it work. What should I do? P.S : I also can’t download the outlook app because it requires iOS 15 update"

-------

Use an App Password for Hotmail:

I remember chatting with Microsoft not too long ago, and going through this to set up other accounts to be accessed on Mail, Outlook, and on other Apps.

While in Hotmail, Go To:

1. User Name(Top-Right)
  2. View account (Second Option Down)
  3. Security (third tap in from top-left)
  4. More security options (Far-Right)
  5. App passwords (Third Pane Down)
  6. Create a new app password
  7. Click Done
  8. Use the app password provided for a synchronized app
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 10:36 PM in response to zaibanafe

zaibanafe Said:

"Outlook Error: Hi, I’m using iPhone 6 and recently updated to iOS 12.5.5. My outlook account didn’t work anymore. I’ve tried many times and many ways but it didn’t work. I’ve tried signing in on the laptop and it work. What should I do? P.S : I also can’t download the outlook app because it requires iOS 15 update"

-------

Use an App Password for Hotmail:

I remember chatting with Microsoft not too long ago, and going through this to set up other accounts to be accessed on Mail, Outlook, and on other Apps.

While in Hotmail, Go To:

1. User Name(Top-Right)
  2. View account (Second Option Down)
  3. Security (third tap in from top-left)
  4. More security options (Far-Right)
  5. App passwords (Third Pane Down)
  6. Create a new app password
  7. Click Done
  8. Use the app password provided for a synchronized app

Outlook Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.