Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book pro Big Sur battery problem.

I have a 2013 15" Macbook pro. Ever since I upgraded to big sur. The battery will not charge and when I unplug the power the computer dies like its getting no power from the battery. This is the 3rd battery I've replaced in this mac. And the battery hasn't bulged yet. But the computer doesn't seem to charge passed 1% or 2%.

A search on the internet there are some technicians that are suggesting this is due to a firmware upgrade. If so this is a very contentious issue. I can understand computers getting slower due to software being designed for new processors. It's annoying but it's what we've been used to. But outright sabotaging a users mac with a firmware upgrade? Thats a new one for me.

I've done the usual resetting the SMC and the PRAM processes. I've even unplugged the battery from the main board. Nothing is fixing this.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 2:35 AM

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports battery related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 2:35 AM in response to pneves0001

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports battery related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Mac book pro Big Sur battery problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.