Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Navigating between multiple excel files in macbook pro

Hi, i have recently purchased macbook pro & this is my first apple product, so i am totally new to the interface. I wanted to understand what are the shortcut keys on how to navigate between multiple excel files. i did a random google search & came to knw that you can use "Command+`" to toggle between workbook, but in my case i am unable to do it. Is there any other shortcut keys. Please do let me know

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 9:13 AM

Command + Tab will cycle through the open apps, while Command + ~ will sometimes cycle through the various open windows within a single app although some apps may not support the latter option. If you include the Shift key, then it will reverse the direction used to cycle through the apps/windows.

Also the Command key many times will act like the Control key on Windows/Linux. So "Select All" is Command + A, "Copy" is Command + C, etc. Here is a list of some of the shortcut keys:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236

Pressing the "Option" key will sometimes reveal hidden buttons and menu items.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 9:13 AM in response to vineet1707

Command + Tab will cycle through the open apps, while Command + ~ will sometimes cycle through the various open windows within a single app although some apps may not support the latter option. If you include the Shift key, then it will reverse the direction used to cycle through the apps/windows.

Also the Command key many times will act like the Control key on Windows/Linux. So "Select All" is Command + A, "Copy" is Command + C, etc. Here is a list of some of the shortcut keys:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236

Pressing the "Option" key will sometimes reveal hidden buttons and menu items.

Navigating between multiple excel files in macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.