Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to block unsolicited spam calls

I have managed to block contacts in the past but Lately, I have been getting a barrage of calls every day. I have blocked them as I have received them - both from the call number “I” selection to the recent list of call received list. None of that seems to have stopped further spam calls. My IOS has been updated. I have filtered unknown callers. How do I effectively block these nuisance spam calls - by blocking them from calling my number automatically?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 5:20 AM

Are they all from the same number? My experience with spam calls is they can easily enter a fake number and they have billions of numbers they can use.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

5 replies

Sep 30, 2021 7:55 AM in response to iPhone8plus99

Is there a way to just block these kind of computer generated spam calls?

No. If you can find a way you'd be famous. The only way would be to block calls from anybody not on your Contacts list. Even then I'm not sure it would work 100% if the spammer is using a service that allows spoofing caller ID and they used one of your friends' ID.

Sep 30, 2021 11:23 AM in response to iPhone8plus99

Or in this day and age somebody has programmed a computer to robo-call every single 9 digit combination of numbers. Unless they do something like start charging a penny for every email sent and a penny for every phone call made we're stuck with it. With free phone calls and email the spammers don't care if only 0.1% of the people they try to contact fall for it.

Unable to block unsolicited spam calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.