Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Turn off iPhone spam filter

Most of my incoming calls are sent directly to voicemail, without the phone ever ringing. This happens with unknown, callers, and contacts. Some contact go through OK, and others not. I have turned off every possible blocker, including "silence, unknown callers." I finally did a full factory reset on the phone, and still have the problem. How can I turn off the spam filter? I have missed a lot of important calls.

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 2:09 PM

The only "spam" filters on the iPhone are the Silence Unknown Callers option and Focus. Are you using Focus at all?

If not, go to Settings>Focus, tap on each focus, swipe to the bottom and tap delete. The only one you can't delete is "Do Not Disturb". For that one, tap on it, go to Set a Schedule. Make sure "Smart Activation" is off and there are no schedules enabled.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 2:09 PM in response to Rlosch

The only "spam" filters on the iPhone are the Silence Unknown Callers option and Focus. Are you using Focus at all?

If not, go to Settings>Focus, tap on each focus, swipe to the bottom and tap delete. The only one you can't delete is "Do Not Disturb". For that one, tap on it, go to Set a Schedule. Make sure "Smart Activation" is off and there are no schedules enabled.

Turn off iPhone spam filter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.