Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max Camera Black Screen

The camera on my iPhone has suddenly stopped working without any discernible reason and nothing seems to fix the issue. So far I’ve tried updating it to the latest version, switching cameras, switching camera modes (the front facing camera functions as normal), and rebooting. On occasion the camera will turn in when in 2x zoom, though the image is blurry and can’t focus. It’s also rarely works with the 0.5x wide angle camera. Below are examples.

Starting to wonder if this is a hardware issue, though I highly doubt it’s due to negligence as I’ve always taken great care of it.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 5:31 AM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2021 1:33 PM in response to MightyMuso

You may have a hardware problem

First try a forced restart

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

If that does not help the  next procedure would be to backup then restore your device to factory, and setup the device without restoring a backup, to see if the issue is replicated. 

Then restore the backup. 

If you need to send the phone in for repair then backing up and restoring to factory would be needed anyway.

Here is a guide for those steps

Backup and restore (I recommend the computer method if you have one)

(1)How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

Remove SIM PIN if you have set one

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Set up as new from the Hello Screen without restoring backup. Test if the problem still exists.

If the problem remains then arrange a repair including details of these tests.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/service

(3) When your phone comes back Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

iPhone 11 Pro Max Camera Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.