Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many of my phone numbers were deleted after last update, how can I get them back?

Many of my phone numbers have disappeared, I did not delete them. How can I get them back.? Also sometimes when I message the phone adds number one and it will not send message.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 8:05 AM

Hi Samnrice,

Thanks for reaching out about missing your contacts. We can help with this.

Go to Settings > Contacts > Default and check to see that the correct account is selected.

You can also check to make sure they are still saved by logging into that account online and viewing your contacts there. This will tell us if they have been deleted from the account or if they're just not showing up.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 8:05 AM in response to Samnrice

Hi Samnrice,

Thanks for reaching out about missing your contacts. We can help with this.

Go to Settings > Contacts > Default and check to see that the correct account is selected.

You can also check to make sure they are still saved by logging into that account online and viewing your contacts there. This will tell us if they have been deleted from the account or if they're just not showing up.

Take care.

Many of my phone numbers were deleted after last update, how can I get them back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.