Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sign into my iphone when my old account was deleted.

I can't temporarily change my ID to my old email. It says that that email address is unavailable. I did delete my old account previously that used that email address. What do I do now? I can't sign in with my old email and it keeps asking me to sign in with only my old accounts email.

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 8:23 AM

I already changed my apple id on the apple website so it is set up already. My phone is only giving me the option to sign in with my old account information. Without that, It appears that it wont let me sign out so I can sign in with my new account. How do I bypass that with out doing a complete reset on the phone? Is that my only option?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 8:23 AM in response to B2Bene

I already changed my apple id on the apple website so it is set up already. My phone is only giving me the option to sign in with my old account information. Without that, It appears that it wont let me sign out so I can sign in with my new account. How do I bypass that with out doing a complete reset on the phone? Is that my only option?

Sep 30, 2021 9:24 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yep, I deleted the old account. At no time was I instructed to log out of that account on my phone before I did that. By the way, it would not let me change the old email in that apple id account. That is the whole reason I chose to delete the account and make a new one. Something to do with not allowing me to delete the original email the account was set up under. The old email was my ex wifes email and I did not want it on there. Looks like a new phone will be requested from my IT department.

Sep 30, 2021 8:25 AM in response to B2Bene

An Apple ID is just user identification. It does not have to be an active email account to just to log in to your Apple ID or iCloud (although you should change the Apple ID to a different email address for future convenience). If you deleted your Apple ID account (as opposed to your email account) that was a mistake, nothing purchased or downloaded with it can ever be used again. If you still have the Apple ID account you can just change the email address associated with it→Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Sep 30, 2021 9:28 AM in response to B2Bene

See→How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Specifically:

When your Apple ID account is deleted, your account details and the data associated with your Apple ID are permanently deleted from Apple’s servers. You can't sign in to your account, and you won’t be able to access any data, content, or services that were associated with your Apple ID.

Photos, videos, documents, and other content that you stored in iCloud are permanently deleted; you can't receive any messages or calls sent to your account via iMessage, FaceTime, or iCloud Mail; and you can't sign in to or use services such as iCloud, the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iMessage, FaceTime, and Find My iPhone. In addition, any Apple Store appointments and AppleCare support cases are canceled.

Deleting your Apple ID is permanent. After your account is deleted, Apple can't reopen or reactivate your account or restore your data. If you aren’t planning to use your account for now but may consider returning to it in the future, we recommend temporarily deactivating your account (where available) instead of deleting it.

How do I sign into my iphone when my old account was deleted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.