Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t change country and payment method

Hi, I have this problem where aprox. 3 months ago my card stopped working for the app store, I don’t think the card is the issue since I’ve been using it perfectly fine. I'm from Mexico but my app store account is from the US, I only got one American credit card (the one that’s being declined) and if I want to change the country of my account so that I can pay with a mexican card it won’t let me. I have no active subscriptions or anything and I can’t do anything with my account because of this. Does anybody know how to solve it?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 2:51 PM

Do you have:

• Active pre-orders for media content
  • A balance/credit on your Apple ID
  • Any pending refunds which have not been proceeded yet

As you do not have any active subscriptions, you will need to make sure you answered "No" to the questions above

If you can't change your country or region, make sure that you canceled your subscriptions and spent your store credit. Complete these steps before you try to change your country or region.

If you're a part of a Family Sharing group, you might not be able to change your country or region. Learn how to leave a Family Sharing group.

If you still can't change your country or region, or you have less store credit than the cost of a single item, contact Apple Support.

Source and more information at the following resource:

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 2:51 PM in response to Funkybarbs

Do you have:

• Active pre-orders for media content
  • A balance/credit on your Apple ID
  • Any pending refunds which have not been proceeded yet

As you do not have any active subscriptions, you will need to make sure you answered "No" to the questions above

If you can't change your country or region, make sure that you canceled your subscriptions and spent your store credit. Complete these steps before you try to change your country or region.

If you're a part of a Family Sharing group, you might not be able to change your country or region. Learn how to leave a Family Sharing group.

If you still can't change your country or region, or you have less store credit than the cost of a single item, contact Apple Support.

Source and more information at the following resource:

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Can’t change country and payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.