Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Messages on iMessage not working

Hi! My voice messages are not working on my iMessages. I have tried other apps and it works but won’t allow me to start recording a voice message. I have updated to the new iOS 15. Any insight on how to fix this. Thank you

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 5:09 PM

Just purchased a new iPhone 13 mini, and I’m having the same problem with iOS 15.0.2 I’ve tried everything, but the voice message button simply won’t start a recording. It’s very frustrating. Where is the fix ? I’ve done multiple phone restarts and app restarts and this problem persists.

14 replies

Nov 22, 2021 4:36 PM in response to Jhjohn22

I have the same problem, I have tried everything and nothing works. It happened with my iPhone 12 on iOS 14 and it’s now happening on my iPhone 13 Pro on iOS 15, I was hoping that switching phones was gonna fix the problem but no. And I’m not going to do a hard reset and lose my stuff only because they don’t know how to fix this issue. So annoying.

Oct 1, 2021 12:26 PM in response to Jhjohn22

Hello Jhjohn22,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

We see that your audio messages on your iPhone are not working and you referred to If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We’d be happy to help you!

We recommend restarting your iPhone per Restart your iPhone if you have not already.

Did this issue start after updating to iOS 15 or before?

Take care.

Voice Messages on iMessage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.