My voice memo microphone button won’t work on imessage

Hello! I’m having a little issue with my imessage voice memo microphone i click it and it goes to microphone dictation and not to record my voice note. I’m updated on the recent ios 16.5, and my sound recognition is off. works fine on all other apps like insta and whatsapp but not imessage Please help!

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on May 20, 2023 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2023 10:55 PM

Hi. This is one thing that threw me for a loop when I updated. 😆 I hope this is helpful.

The Voice Message button has been relocated in iOS 16 from its traditional place on the right of the message field. There is still a ‘Microphone’ icon, as you mentioned, this icon allows you to activate dictation. The Voice Message button has become an iMessage app and moved to the iMessage app drawer. The instructions are in the following article, Send recorded audio messages on iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2023 10:55 PM in response to lesliecy

Hi. This is one thing that threw me for a loop when I updated. 😆 I hope this is helpful.

The Voice Message button has been relocated in iOS 16 from its traditional place on the right of the message field. There is still a ‘Microphone’ icon, as you mentioned, this icon allows you to activate dictation. The Voice Message button has become an iMessage app and moved to the iMessage app drawer. The instructions are in the following article, Send recorded audio messages on iPhone - Apple Support

My voice memo microphone button won’t work on imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.