Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple Watch reduce the calories data recorded by another fitness tracker in Health?

1. I just purchased an Apple Watch SE a couple of days ago and have it configured to an iPhone SE. As I was looking at the Health app on my iPhone, I noticed that all my workout calorie data recorded by my previous fitness tracker had been reduced by 65%. Why is this occurring and how can this be fixed?
  2. I have used the Apple Watch in the last couple of days to track various workout activities on the Apple Fitness+ and both the active and total calories are very low and don't seem right. I have readjusted the settings, re-calibrated the watch several times, am wearing the watch correctly and have no tattoos. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
  3. I read posts within the Communities and saw that lots of people have had issues with reporting incorrect calorie data and calorie data being modified by the Apple Watch since 2015. Why hasn't Apple fixed this?

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 12:17 PM

How far back did the previous data go? I never look in Health for workout data, I always use the Activity/Fitness app to track workouts. If you are referring to such items as past 7 days, past 30 days, past 12 months those are averages and will be affected by newer workouts. That is not a bug. But if you think it is click on the Get Support link at the top right of this page.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 12:17 PM in response to lilla7503

How far back did the previous data go? I never look in Health for workout data, I always use the Activity/Fitness app to track workouts. If you are referring to such items as past 7 days, past 30 days, past 12 months those are averages and will be affected by newer workouts. That is not a bug. But if you think it is click on the Get Support link at the top right of this page.

Why does Apple Watch reduce the calories data recorded by another fitness tracker in Health?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.