Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot start family sharing

“xyz@xyz.com is already used for shared purchases in xyz’s family. Ask xyz to send you an invitation to join family sharing.” I am xyz though. It’s telling me to send an invitation to the Apple ID I’m already logged into. I’m the administrator of the family sharing but this error message pops up when I try to see my family sharing data. I called Apple support and he had to forward me to senior Apple advisor because he didn’t know why this was happening and the senior advisor also didn’t know why this was happening so I have to wait for another higher up department to hear back from. I’m not mad about it or anything I’m sure this problem isn’t that common but if someone has a way to prevent this from happening again or knows why it happened pls answer. I changed my password, logged out and signed in again, signed out of all other devices, updated my settings, turned my phone and off, and still no luck. I’m still not able to see my family sharing. Could it be a hacker? That makes me nervous. Hopefully Apple will have a resolution when they call me back.

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 8:39 PM

I found a solution! I went to https://appleid.apple.com , signed into my Apple ID, clicked ‘family sharing’ tab and it gave me the option to remove the family sharing account. That’s what I was trying to do in my settings but because that error message kept popping up I couldn’t even get access to my family sharing account through the settings app. If you have this problem but don’t want to delete your account, I think deleting it this way would just be the easiest solution to get rid of that error message since apple support couldn’t even find a solution to this.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 8:39 PM in response to rinatee22

I found a solution! I went to https://appleid.apple.com , signed into my Apple ID, clicked ‘family sharing’ tab and it gave me the option to remove the family sharing account. That’s what I was trying to do in my settings but because that error message kept popping up I couldn’t even get access to my family sharing account through the settings app. If you have this problem but don’t want to delete your account, I think deleting it this way would just be the easiest solution to get rid of that error message since apple support couldn’t even find a solution to this.

Cannot start family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.