Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does a red dot in the upper right hand corner of my I phone 12 pro mean

What does the red dot in the upper right hand corner of my iPhone 12 Pro mean

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 9:33 PM

About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar

With iOS 14, an orange dot, an orange square, or a green dot indicates when the microphone or camera is being used by an app. 

An orange indicator  means the microphone

is being used by an app on your iPhone.

This indicator appears as an orange square if the Differentiate Without Color setting is on. 

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.  

A green indicator  means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.

This is an awareness feature. The user can get the status of their camera and microphone at a glance.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 9:33 PM in response to GEMINIGEMSTONE

About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar

With iOS 14, an orange dot, an orange square, or a green dot indicates when the microphone or camera is being used by an app. 

An orange indicator  means the microphone

is being used by an app on your iPhone.

This indicator appears as an orange square if the Differentiate Without Color setting is on. 

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.  

A green indicator  means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.

This is an awareness feature. The user can get the status of their camera and microphone at a glance.

Axel F.

What does a red dot in the upper right hand corner of my I phone 12 pro mean

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.