Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain on iPadOS 15.

I have updated my iPad (6th Gen A1893) last week. Since then it has been bleeding battery even on low power mode. I have tried to tweak every settting possible. Have turned off location services, put mail to fetch, background refresh off for most apps,sharing analytics off but that doesn't seem to work. Checked for battery health too and it shows 91.8% (via iMazing). I primarily use iPad for my classes (Meet and Classroom) and some YouTube but battery is still draining more after update with same usage pattern. Can anyone help me out?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 3:02 AM

Battery utilisation is expected to be greater than normal for several days following a system update - as background housekeeping tasks, such as re-indexing, will be running. After a few days, battery utilisation should settle.

If battery life is unexpectedly high, a forced-restart will often resolve the issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 3:02 AM in response to Avni2004

Battery utilisation is expected to be greater than normal for several days following a system update - as background housekeeping tasks, such as re-indexing, will be running. After a few days, battery utilisation should settle.

If battery life is unexpectedly high, a forced-restart will often resolve the issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Battery drain on iPadOS 15.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.