Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live Photo with loop/bounce hit : "This item cannot be shared" for WhatsApp after iOS 15 upgrade

Hi, I've never had any issue to send nice motion-gif like photos from iPhone live photo set with loop or bounce until yesterday upgrade from 14.8 to iOS 15. The error box : "This item cannot be shared. Please select a different item".

I've so far no problem send/share other photos thru WhatsApp.

Is there any setting or patch to this? Thank you.

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 1:53 AM

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

9 replies

Nov 15, 2021 3:36 PM in response to carina__

I’m having this issue also and it’s really annoying. What carina suggests works to send a Live Photo but the loop/bounce gives a better result than the original live pic and it seems you are unable to send these. Additionally I don’t like that the update has ditched the loop/bounce preview on swipe up of the photo. This is a feature a use a lot which has now become very long winded.

Live Photo with loop/bounce hit : "This item cannot be shared" for WhatsApp after iOS 15 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.