Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring SIM card

I’m trying to switch my SIM card from my old iPhone 7.5 into my new iPhone 12 but it doesn’t fit, what do I do?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 8:29 AM

There is no iPhone 7.5 model. I believe you meant an iPhone 7. Either that or meant an iPhone 5. Please clarify.

If you meant one of the iPhone models above then they use the same size SIM card which is NANO. The iPhone 12 also uses the NANO SIM card. It should fit your iPhone 12. Look carefully at the SIM CARD Tray out of your iPhone 12. There is a notch in one corner of the tray. The SIM card also has a notch (cut out) in one corner. These notches on the SIM card and on the tray must be lined up and then it will fit.

If this still remains an issue, then do not hesitate to contact your carrier for another SIM card and installation at their store. They will be happy to help you out.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 8:29 AM in response to Manitonga1

There is no iPhone 7.5 model. I believe you meant an iPhone 7. Either that or meant an iPhone 5. Please clarify.

If you meant one of the iPhone models above then they use the same size SIM card which is NANO. The iPhone 12 also uses the NANO SIM card. It should fit your iPhone 12. Look carefully at the SIM CARD Tray out of your iPhone 12. There is a notch in one corner of the tray. The SIM card also has a notch (cut out) in one corner. These notches on the SIM card and on the tray must be lined up and then it will fit.

If this still remains an issue, then do not hesitate to contact your carrier for another SIM card and installation at their store. They will be happy to help you out.

Axel F.

Transferring SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.