Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Sim and Messaging

I have a similar issue. I just installed Dual Sim yesterday and I can switch back and forth when making calls. In Messaging, however, I don't have that option in the Message Application. The only way I can control is to go into settings, then pick which no. I want to initiate the text message from. That's a huge and unnecessary hassle. When I open the Message App there is no window or icon I can access to switch which no. I want to text from.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 12:39 PM

Understood. I invite you to provide direct product feedback to Apple here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple

Axel F.

3 replies

Oct 1, 2021 9:52 AM in response to durangolegal

In Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Send & Receive: You should have both numbers listed. You are then given an opton to START NEW MESSAGES from one of the two numbers as default. So, if you start a NEW message to someone then it will go from that default number, unless, you manually switch it. This applies to new messages only.

What happens to existing message threads? Those messages continue to send and receive from the already established phone number whether set by default or manually. This works well if you use one of the two numbers for specific contacts.

Axel F.

Oct 1, 2021 11:27 AM in response to Axel Foley

No offense, but it's a bit of a hassle to have to go into System Preferences every time I want to change the originating number for a text message. Apple should give users the same option for messaging that we have for iPhones. Specifically, we should be able to go into the Messages App and tap the window to change the originating line for sending out a text message. Moreover, the list of messages displayed in the Message application should state what line the discussion occurred on. It would be a good idea for the Message screen to break things down according to the line the messages went out or came in on, and allowing the user to choose which line to use (or view) immediately upon opening the Message application.

I hope Apple will update their software soon to fix this problem.

Kind regards,

Dual Sim and Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.