Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi Problem on MacBook Air Mid 2013

Hello, this problem has been bothering me for a while:

Problem starts with Wi-Fi disconnecting (with Wi-Fi icon on top of screen still showing it is connected), then beach-balling begins.

Most applications did not respond and eventually I had to force quit them.

Before all applications could be force quitted, the beach-balling became so severe that the MacBook didn’t respond when I tried to right-click the icons of any applications.

The problem usually arises when I use Microsoft Word with Wi-Fi connected.

It does not happen when I use Microsoft Word without Wi-Fi.

Also, I find out the MacBook has been shutting down on its own while in sleep.

The report is as follows:

I find my situation quite similar to that described in this post:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250921188

I would be grateful if some of you can help.

Best regards,

Patrick

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 4:03 PM

Patrick, are you allowing it to sleep?

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Sys Prefs>Network>highlight the Interface you're using>Advanced>TCP/IP>Configure IPv4: Using DHCP.

If using Wifi, instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

System Preferences>Network>choose interface>Advanced>Proxies Tab, make sure none are set, like for HTTP & HTTPS.

System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

Apply.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 4:03 PM in response to ngkwpatrick

Patrick, are you allowing it to sleep?

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Sys Prefs>Network>highlight the Interface you're using>Advanced>TCP/IP>Configure IPv4: Using DHCP.

If using Wifi, instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

System Preferences>Network>choose interface>Advanced>Proxies Tab, make sure none are set, like for HTTP & HTTPS.

System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

Apply.

Wi-Fi Problem on MacBook Air Mid 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.